Sunday, February 19, 2012

Integrating the Arts

South Carolina Teacher of the Year Patti Tate and I traveled to Sumter High School to speak to Susan Hilton's cadets! The Teacher Cadets were awesome! The Teacher Cadet program at Midland Valley High School sealed the deal for me to become a teacher! I always enjoy visiting with cadets because it gives me great hope about the future of our profession.

I believe the arts open up numerous opportunities for all students to succeed. I shared brain research, various songs I utilized to teach standards with my third graders, and challenged the students to create a song, jingle, or chant to use during their field experiences. The Sumter News and District Public Information office were on hand to capture a few of the creations. 

Click the link below to catch a glimpse:

VIDEO: SHS Teacher Cadets meet 2 Teachers of the Year - The Item: News: Sumter High School Teacher Cadets had a treat Thursday when not
one but two S.C. Teachers of the Year visited.




No comments:

Post a Comment